The Trailblaze Challenge is a one-day endurance event that gives participants the opportunity to hike a 21-mile journey along the Manistee River Trail. Participants will enjoy the picturesque scenery of northern Michigan, challenging themselves physically while raising much needed funds to grant the wishes of children in Michigan.
Event Date: Sept. 8, 2018
Event Location: Manistee National Forest
Event Address: N. Coates Highway Harrieta, MI 49638
Registration Fees: A $100 registration fee will reserve your spot for the hike. You can pay by credit card over the phone or mail in a check to our Brighton office.
T-Shirt information: All hikers will receive an offical Trailblaze Challenge Tech-T on hike weekend.
Length of Hike: 21 Miles
Are Pets Allowed? Pets are not allowed on the 21-mile hike weekend, but you can bring them on our summer training hikes.
Included in the hike experience:
- Specialized training program including a workout calendar and group hikes
- Support and coaching from Hike Leaders
- Hotel accommodations on hike weekend
- Trailblaze Challenge t-shirt for hike weekend
- Transportation to and from the trail on hike day
- Friday night dinner
- Trail support at multiple locations throughout your journey, including hydration, snacks, first aid and encouragement
- Saturday evening post-hike celebration
- Sunday post-hike recognition breakfast
Who: Whether you are a hike enthusiast or a Make-A-Wish Michigan supporter this hike is open to participants of all levels. It’s not a race… it’s a journey. All hikers must be 18 years of age or older.
Why: To raise awareness and funds so that Make-A-Wish Michigan can continue to serve local children. Right now there are more than 600 Michigan kids anticipating their wishes. It is estimated that over 800 kids in Michigan will be newly diagnosed with critical illnesses next year alone. We rely on community members like you to help us grant these wishes.